At Energy 350, we believe in doing things differently.
We value people for who they are and for their differences. Individual backgrounds, perspectives and varied experiences contribute to a diverse and inclusive work place which fosters a higher level of creativity and productivity. By embracing diversity, we believe that we will be able to leverage the many experiences and ideas that each person brings to Energy 350 and become a much stronger organization.
Energy 350 is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all applicants for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Energy 350 provides a casual yet hard working environment of high caliber staff that encourages creativity, collaboration and individuality. We believe in the cause and are seeking high performing, mission driven people to share in the challenge ahead of us.
Strategic Energy Management Coach
The future is bright at Energy 350! We are an energy efficiency consulting firm located in Portland, OR. Energy 350 is a leader in energy efficiency programs, policy, research, evaluation, and engineering. At Energy 350, we care about our employees and prioritize a work balance lifestyle. We are looking for fast learners who are highly motivated and mission driven to join us in our casual yet hard working environment where we value people for who they are and for their differences.
We’re seeking a Strategic Energy Management (SEM) Coach to help evaluate, support, and create existing energy management business practices with new and existing industrial customers in the Pacific NW. Key to this role is the ability to influence organizational cultures to further employee engagement with a focus on energy management. This is a dynamic position that requires collaboration with a wide variety of stakeholders ranging from utility program representatives to executive management to maintenance staff. Responsibilities include: **
- Delivering SEM curricula in a dynamic and engaging way in group settings, one-on-one, and virtually
- Acting as coach, facilitator, teacher, and influencer
- Working closely with clients’ energy teams and individuals to:
- Inspire and influence cultural change to one that embraces employee engagement around energy efficiency
- Help participants identify energy efficiency improvements
- Keep participants involved and accountable for actions leading to energy savings
- Coach participants on the change management practices required to incorporate SEM principles into their ongoing business operations
- Ensuring timely implementation of project milestones for utility programs including:
- Using excel based energy intensity models and tracking tools to quantify improvements in energy performance
- Conducting Energy Management Assessments and Action Plans
- Drafting monthly progress, and year-end reports
- Collaboratively working with the entire Energy 350 SEM support team to deliver high-level customer service and contribute to a culture of continuous improvement
** During the COVID-19 pandemic these responsibilities can be fulfilled remotely.
Ideal candidates will have some of the following skills and experience or the ability to quickly learn these skills:
- 5 or more years’ experience in the energy efficiency field
- 5 or more years’ experience with facilitation and change management coaching
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- The ability to inspire people to change the way they view and manage energy
- Delivering workshops to 30 plus people in virtual and in-person settings
- Outgoing, self-starter personality
- Familiar with manufacturing/industrial environments
- Experience with lean manufacturing
- Experience in customer service, account management or project management
- Technical competency to utilize a wide range of software tools
- Experience in regression modelling and statistics
- Ability to bridge the gap between the big picture and technical details
- Undergraduate degree, advanced degrees and/or other professional experience appreciated
To apply: submit cover letter and resume to [email protected] Please make sure a cover letter is included with your submission!
**Please submit both a Cover Letter & Resume to [email protected]**
Senior Energy Engineer
The future is bright at Energy 350! We are an energy efficiency consulting firm located in Portland, OR. Energy 350 is a leader in energy efficiency programs, policy, research, evaluation and engineering. At Energy 350, we care about our employees and prioritize a balanced work lifestyle. We look for fast learners who are highly motivated and mission driven to join us in our casual yet hard working environment where we value people for who they are and for their differences.
We’re currently hiring for a senior level Engineer with experience in the energy efficiency field and a focus on HVAC. Ideal candidates will include some of the following skills and experience:
The position entails a mix of the following responsibilities:
- Conducting energy efficiency studies
- Retrocommissioning/building optimization
- Working with commercial and industrial customers to scope and develop energy efficiency projects
- Working with commercial mechanical contractors to scope commercial HVAC related energy efficiency projects and communicating utility incentive program requirements
- Energy Engineering / Energy Analysis
- Conducting on-site Measurement & Verification
- Writing technical reports for non-technical audiences
- Working in a dynamic, challenging and collaborative environment
We’re looking for a person with a wide range of skills with good communication skills and the ability to perform both deep technical analysis as well as the ability to see the big picture on any project. Ideal candidates will have some of the following skills and experience:
- A high energy, self-starter with excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
- HVAC and controls experience
- Working knowledge of commercial and industrial mechanical systems and building science
- Ability to breakdown complex data sets to conduct root analysis and present meaningful observations applying data visualization tools
- Experience analyzing energy systems and quantifying annual energy savings
- Capability to work autonomously with good project & time management skills
- Excellent writing, verbal communication, and presentation skills
- 5 or more years’ experience in the energy efficiency field
- An analytical thinker and strong problem solver
- Experience working in a small group environment and fostering a cohesive team environment
- Advanced degrees and/or great experience preferred; bachelor’s degree required
This is a full-time position based in Portland, OR. We offer a collaborative, creative work environment and a competitive wage.