At Energy 350, we believe in doing things differently.
We value people for who they are and for their differences. Individual backgrounds, perspectives and varied experiences contribute to a diverse and inclusive work place which fosters a higher level of creativity and productivity. By embracing diversity, we believe that we will be able to leverage the many experiences and ideas that each person brings to Energy 350 and become a much stronger organization.
Energy 350 is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all applicants for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Energy 350 provides a casual yet hard working environment of high caliber staff that encourages creativity, collaboration and individuality. We believe in the cause and are seeking high performing, mission driven people to share in the challenge ahead of us.
The future is bright at Energy 350! We are an energy efficiency consulting firm located in Portland, OR. Energy 350 is a leader in energy efficiency programs, policy, research, evaluation and engineering. At Energy 350, we care about our employees and prioritize a work balance lifestyle. We are looking for fast learners who are highly motivated and mission driven to join us in our casual yet hard working environment where we value people for who they are and for their differences.
Residential HVAC Trade Ally Outreach Manager
We are looking for an outgoing and technically skilled candidate with residential HVAC experience to join our team! The ideal candidate will use their understanding of the residential HVAC industry and systems to build and maintain relationships with manufacturers and distributors of mechanical HVAC and water heating equipment throughout the Northwest. Your goal will be to increase the adoption of energy efficient technologies and participation in utility incentive programs.
The position entails the following responsibilities:
- Outreach and regional travel – estimated at 15% of the time (pending COVID-19 health regulations) – to connect with mechanical manufacturers, distributors, and trade associations throughout OR, WA, ID, & Western MT
- Providing education and training to contractors and utility program managers on utility program requirements, energy efficient technologies, sales of high-efficiency equipment, and installation best practices
- Promoting utility residential HVAC incentive programs to increase adoption of efficient HVAC and water heating technologies
- Serving as a technical resource to both the residential HVAC and water heating market and our own internal network of field specialists
- Assessing and helping to characterize the residential HVAC and water heating market in the Northwest
- Being comfortable working both independently and collaboratively in a dynamic, challenging, and engaging environment
We are looking for a person with a wide range of skills including the ability to build and maintain lasting industry relationships and who has a deep technical understanding of residential HVAC and water heating systems. Ideal candidates will have most of the following skills and experience:
- An in-depth, working knowledge of residential HVAC systems and various electric water heating technologies
- A high energy, self-starter with excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills and experience conversing with HVAC manufacturers and reps
- Knowledge of HVAC related energy efficiency measures and experience with utility programs in the Northwest
- General understanding of heat transfer, thermodynamics, and the vapor compression cycle
- Previous experience conducting webinars or in-person trainings with a focus on residential HVAC
- Interest in regional travel
- Understanding of the residential HVAC and water heating market and regional supply chain
- 5+ years in the HVAC industry
Please submit COVER LETTER and RESUME to [email protected]