Energy 350 believes All Black Lives Matter. We encourage our employees to use their voices and votes to demand structural change within our institutions through antiracist policies. We urge our white employees, in particular, to recognize their privilege, educate themselves on how to be antiracist, and learn to listen to our black, indigenous, and people of color (BIPOC) communities.
Energy 350 stands with our LGBTQIA+ community. We support LGBTQIA+ human and civil rights and we believe we have a responsibility to be an active ally in that fight. As a company we commit to providing a welcoming, supportive, and safe environment for our LGBTQIA+ employees, clients, and customers.
We work hard to create an inclusive environment of psychological safety where all staff feel welcome and empowered to be themselves and speak their minds. As a company, Energy 350 will continue to examine all aspects of our business to ensure that our operations are unmistakably antiracist, inclusive and equitable. Some of our efforts include:
- We deliberately target local BIPOC spaces when advertising job openings (Partners in Diversity member since 2018, Emerging Leaders in our internship candidate pool since 2018)
- In order to attract more diversity to the Pacific Northwest, we recruit nationwide and provide relocation assistance to all our non-local hires
- We provide employee training on antiracism and nonviolent communication (new as of 2020)
- We support organizations serving BIPOC communities (more deliberate as of 2020)
- We have an active No Justice, No Peace! internal team to make sure our current and future efforts are persistent and long-lasting (new as of 2020)
- We are partnering with Taking Ownership PDX to provide energy efficient water heaters to Black homeowners (read more here).
To diversify and maximize our impact, we give to the following organizations: